Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hong Kong Trip (16-20.07.2011), Day 3 Part I

I visited Giant Buddha at Lantau Island (大嶼山) in the morning.


In the Hong Kong's Ngong Ping new crystal cable car.






















I purposely took this photo for giant buddha together with the tree branches from a different angle, thus it gives me some different feeling.






After walking for about 15 minutes, finally I reached The Wisdom Path (心经简林). It is a wooden version of the famous 260-word prayer 'Heart Sutra'. It is made up of 38 wooden rectangular beams or obelisks varying in height from 8-to-10 metres in the shape of a figure eight to represent infinity. Each obelisk bears a portion of the prayer, which is written in traditional Chinese characters.






I paid HKD35 to buy all those desserts to be my lunch including the famous Shanshui dau fu fa (山水豆腐花).


Standing in front of The Hall of Great Hero (大雄宝殿).


No comments: